To TeamCBC Riders:
In light of recent developments regarding COVID-19 (aka the coronavirus), TeamCBC has put together the following statement regarding our Group Rides:
TeamCBC’s current stance is that our Group Rides will continue during this health advisory period as long as the following precautions are taken and common sense is used when on rides regarding cleanliness and personal boundaries.
The Wake County Health Department recommends the following measures that you can and should take to remain healthy.
* Staying home if you are ill
* Washing your hands frequently with soap and water
* Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are frequently touched
* Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
* Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue
* Discarding tissues after a single use
We would also add the following when on Group Rides:
* Refrain from shaking hands when greeting others and avoid direct contact.
* Wash hands thoroughly and use disinfectant when/where possible. There are rest rooms with soap and water available at the Brueprint and CBC locations.
* This virus is spread through such bodily fluids as nasal mucus and saliva, therefore refrain from blowing your nose (snot rockets) or spitting unless you are at the back and clear of other riders.
As long as these precautions are taken, Group Rides can continue to provide a way for individuals to get out of the house and exercise with friends while also being conscious of the public health needs.
For more information and updates, please refer to the Wake County Public Health website.
TeamCBC Board of Directors