TeamCBC strives to foster an inclusive and diverse environment that is welcoming to all and where every rider always feels safe. As such, our club considers any behavior that is physically or verbally abusive, sexist, racist, or harassing in any way to be unacceptable. This behavior includes intentionally pushing or touching another cyclist on the bike without prior approval. Even with the best intentions, this is unsafe and could lead to a crash. Incidents of any of these types are taken very seriously, are subject to an internal investigation, and may result in the termination of your membership and a lifetime ban from participating in any future club rides or events.
1. Respect others and their belongings. This rule applies regardless of whether you are on one of our group rides or at another event. Unacceptable conduct includes but is not limited to:
Physical abuse to any person while riding or at any time during an event.
Use of foul language toward any person.
Making obscene gestures directed at any person.
Malicious actions on or off the bike toward any person.
Non-consensual physical contact, threatening or bullying behavior, unwanted personal advances, and any other inappropriate behavior.
Failure to maintain acceptable conduct can result in a verbal warning, written warning, or immediate suspension from TeamCBC at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors.
2. Know and respect the rules of the road (https://teamcbc.com/teamcbc-cycling-tip-rulesof-the-road/). Remember, cars always win.
3. Arrive before the scheduled ride time to hear announcements.
4. Choose an appropriate distance and pace.
5. Be responsible for your actions – e.g., control your anger/frustration.